Monday 9 July 2012

Mini jewellery haul: Sale bargains

Hello there!!

I have a confession. I love to shop. Not really a suprise I know but just thought I should warn you that there is likely to be the odd shopping post every now and then! Also I hope you don't mind me using the word haul. I know some people don't like it but I do :)
So I went into town for some essentials and walked straight into the land of the sales. Everywhere I looked there were bargains to be had and really had to stop myself buying more. The pennies have to last until payday after all. This post is about the jewellery I bought that day.
L-R: Primark, Accessorize and New Look

So first up are the earrings. I went to Primark and got these cute little drop earrings in the shape of glasses. The frames are leopard print and have a diamante on the edge. I like to wear this kind of earrings with a simple outfit like vest top and jeans to add a little twist. These were £2.00 full price.
I then nipped into Accessorize and got this 3pk of heart studs in white, baby pink and mint. You can't go wrong with studs in my opinion. I like to wear these for work as I am not allowed to wear dangly earrings. These were reduced to £2.00
In New Look I went a little accessories nuts but managed to control myself with earrings. I got these enamel feather drop earrings. I picked these up as I didn't like the actual feather earrings (they get damaged too easily) and thought this was a fab alternative. The 'strands' of the feathers are different pastel shades with a black stone at the bottom.I also liked these as they are light weight and that makes them kinder to earlobes :)  They were reduced from £3.99 to £1.00! Safe to say I'm chuffed with this saving.
Now for necklaces...
ReBorn in New Look
I found this egyptian face necklace in New Look and had to have it. I've been looking for a nice snake chain necklace for ages and this was perfect. It was reduced from £6.50 to £1.60 and you just can;t go wrong at that price can you?

ReBorn in New Look

Next up is the adorable little fairy on a long chain necklace. I actually bought this for my younger sister and I know she is going to love the detail on this including the diamantes on the wings and skirt. It kinda looks like Tinkerbell from the Disney movies so all the Peter Pan songs get stuck in my head whilst looking at this but its worth it ( and who doesn't love a bit of Disney every now and then?) This cutie was reduced from £5.00 to an amazing £1,25. How could I resist?

New Look


The last thing I picked up from the jewellery section in New Look was this indian elephant long chain necklace. My eye was drawn to the intricate pattern on the body and enamel mat on its back. The chain isn't as long as the one on the pharoh head or fairy necklace but I prefer it for this style as the chain is actually attatched to both ends of the elephant rather than hanging from a central hook which allows it to sit much better. This bad boy was £2.00 in the sales.
Opia at Primark

I'm drawing to the end of this haul but I still have 2 more necklaces to show you. The one pictured above is from Primark's accessories range Opia and was interesting as it has a rope chain rather than metal that gives a little twist to this nautical lovely. Its a gorgeous shade of blue with gold detailing both on the chain and anchor. I bought this to go with an electric blue maxi skirt I've recently purchased from New Look. I saws this and knew it had to be mine. Whats even better is that it was reduced from £4.00 to £2.00. YAY!

River Island


Last but definately not least is this cracker from River Island. I think this may be my favourite purchase of the day. Its a tarnished silver robot with movable arms, legs and head. It has a pastel pink heart and is just adorable (think Wall-E... I know I know I'm Disney obsessed today) Its got a nice long chain and again would be fab for accessorising a simple vest top and jeans outfit. He was reduced from £8.00 to £3.00 and when I saw him I picked him up and went straight to the till without finishing looking around the shop. It must be love <3

So that is it for this post. Sorry it dragged on a bit but I was super excited to share my sale finds with you.
Hurrah for lots of fabby bargains!

Sarah x.x.x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment